For the uninitiated, Cross-fit is a fitness/workout plan based on a minimalist philosophy using multiple muscle groups and big movements for the workouts. After 3 years of talking about it, Karen and I have finally jumped in to try it. It's dreadful. After 3 days, every muscle in my body is sore. I mean like I-can't-wash-my-hands-with-out-pain kind of sore. The last words I remember hearing from my bride last night were something along the lines of, "this is all your fault. You have some sick, varsity thing going on and you can't stand that your buddy from high school could kick your butt." All that happens to be very true, but . . . but. . . .
Well, ok, it's true. Jake, my friend from high school, has been doing cross fit for a while. He now looks like Charles Atlas, and is waiting until Christmas time to kick my butt and tell me how he deserved the varsity spot on the wrestling team. ( Jake, please don't hurt me when get home, I just want to see my family.)
But the workouts are a killer and, reminiscent of my brother-in-law who asked "do we really need the ropes?" when I took him rock climbing a couple years back, I now laugh at my ignorance when I remember that I asked Karen, is 20 minutes (the average workout length) enough time for a workout? HO-HO-HO. What a novice I was three days ago. What a boob. A little wet behind the ears. A little green, some might say. Currently I'm sitting on my couch and hoping that I don't have to inflict pain on my self by doing something as simple as blowing my nose. Or breathing, even.
Yes, Michelle, cross fit is a great work-out. But I'd start slow - REAL slow.
Meigo, we have tried running, and it is in fact getting easier, but these workouts are sufficiently kicking our butts right now. You should try it.
www.Crossfit.com
4 comments:
HO-HO-HO. What a novice I was three days ago. What a boob. A little wet behind the ears. A little green, some might say. Currently I'm sitting on my couch and hoping that I don't have to inflict pain on my self by doing something as simple as blowing my nose. Or breathing, even.
HHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!!!!!!!
Do you have the Rod Stewart song playing on your Ipod while you work out?
LOL! I looked at the WOD and I can't even do one pull-up :( Burpees look painful but I'll give it a try.
I LOVE crossfit and once you get through the initial soreness, I'm sure you guys will love it too! It's tough, but oh so worth it!
Post a Comment