Saturday, September 6, 2008

in search of jeans

The last thing I want is for this blog to become my soapbox or my complaint venue. But can I just say that I tried on approximately 35 pairs of jeans yesterday and not even one pair fit well enough to merit purchasing them. I mean, come on! The sizes are meaningless (I tried on an 8 that was too small and a 4 that was too big), and the price tag doesn't seem to have much to do with the quality of the jeans. The lemon juice in the paper cut came when I ventured to the men's section to look for clothes for David. The men's jeans look so ... simple. So few options. So baggy. Comfortable. I was practically drooling with jealousy.

And now, after an entire day of shopping, I'm still in need of new jeans. Unless I simply start wearing men's jeans, I see only three possible solutions to avoiding another highly frustrating shopping experience:

1. Become independently wealthy so I can hire a tailor to measure me and create the perfect pair of personalized jeans.
2. Become independently wealthy so I can live on a beach in Aruba and won't ever have to wear anything but a swimsuit and shorts.
3. Switch to sweatpants.

At this point in my life, option three seems the most likely.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

karen, as your friend who loves you, i will not let you follow through with option 3. i will help you find a way for option 2 to work.

Kaley Ehret said...

yes, tonya...i think we may need to hold an intervention...in aruba, of course.

Brad, Shallon and Denyon said...

You are so funny! This is the first time checking out your blog...it's great. Also, the car was just a rental so we can't claim it for our own glory!--shallon