On Wednesday David got a call from some good friends in Spain. Juan (also a chiropractor) was in a bad bicycle accident that left him with a few broken ribs and a seriously injured hip and shoulder. Juan sees 200 patients* A DAY in his clinic. At the hospital, facing the news that Juan cannot adjust patients for at least 6-8 weeks, his wife, the clinic administrator, asked Juan in a panic, "What are we going to do?!"
His response: "Call David."
So ... the short version of a long story is that David flew out this morning (after a series of thwarted attempts to fly out the day before -- another long story), headed for Spain to cover Juan's clinic for two weeks.
The quick change of plans isn't convenient, and we hate being apart for two weeks. But that's why we have friends, right? To be there for each other in tough times. Plus ... I figure we'll always have a guaranteed vacation spot with royal treatment if we ever want to travel to Spain again! :)
*10/1/08 addition: I spoke with David today and he told me there are 300 patients scheduled for tomorrow. In six hours. Okay, forget the vacation spot and royal treatment ... please just send back my husband alive.
4 comments:
That is terrible about David's friend. I hope he has a speedy recovery.
Oh and Karen, I really hurt my hand so could you fly down here and help me out with some childcare? ;)
Karen. I love how you write.
360 minutes divided by 300 patients = 1 minute per patient
that will leave a full hour for lunch...no problem!
I need an update! Is David back?
Post a Comment