Thursday, June 26, 2014

the kids know!

We finally heard back from Jose, the director of the orphanage in Arequipa. He told the kids the news! He said they knew something was up, like they might be getting adopted, but they thought it would be a stranger. When he told them it was us, they were very happy and "jumped for joy." He said that one of the girls cried really hard with emotion and thanked God for the opportunity to have a new family.

I checked my email at 11:00 at night on my phone (always a mistake) and saw Jose's message. Then I lay in bed wide awake for the next hour staring at the ceiling and thinking about that round little face with tears running down it. 

In other news... we test drove an 8-seater minivan yesterday. 

David signing papers at the car dealership. By Monday, we'll be part of the PMO Club (Proud Minivan Owner).

4 comments:

Meigo said...

Tears of joy and gratitude! They will have so much fun and love with amazing parents!

Unknown said...

Amen! Praise the Lord! He will provide every need! God bless you. Can't wait to see pics.

Unknown said...

Amen! Praise the Lord! He will provide every need! God bless you. Can't wait to see pics.

Mom said...

I am SO excited for you both. I can close my eyes and see those kids dancing around crying...how wonderful!