Wednesday, June 4, 2008

the campaign

In deference to our dear friends Jake and Brandie, who told us they love the pictures of our moms but are getting a little bored with our outdated information, we are dedicating this post. Truth be told, you guys are our inspiration and will likely win an award for the most faithful bloggers of all time. Keep up the good work you guys, and check back on our blog around father's day for a surprise!

So I roll into my driveway tonight and start chatting with my wife when, moments later, our phone rings. We have caller ID, so we knew right away who it was. In the interest of anonymity and HIPPA compliance, the person's initials are Kate Cas -- oh, wait, K.C., who lives two houses down from us. Always a hoot to talk with, we pushed the phone at each other until just before the answering machine picked up. Karen drew the short straw, so I half listened to some uh-huhs and sures, and I sees -- ending with "we'll do our best to help with your campaign."

Turns out K.C. has started a "campaign" to get drivers to slow down while driving up our road (all 8 of us). "Too much dust", we are told. "I have three cats." "I have a lot of frontage road, you understand." Our tenant, evidently is a superb driver, no doubt because he doesn't want to screw up his Jag. We, on the other hand (me in particular), need a gentle nudge from the neighborhood watch organizer.

Next thing you know, we'll be getting a bumper sticker of McGruff in our mailbox.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hysterical!! Maybe she wouldn't care if she had no cats ...

Jacob said...

Hey, I think I just joined a Facebook group for this!

Brandie said...

Maybe Karen should bake her another pie and she'll turn a blind eye to your dusty driving.

Oh, and thanks for the post. :)

Brandie said...

DUDE! Where's the Father's Day post? ;)