Sunday, December 30, 2007

In with the new, out with the old

Well, the time has come. We've replaced the beloved Green Bean with a new car. It's a bittersweet exchange. Bitter because the Green Bean has served me faithfully for 5 1/2 years. It was cheap, has carried me many miles and has given me no problems. Sweet because the new car -- a 2002 Acura RSX -- looks hot, takes corners fast and boasts some modern marvels that the Green Bean lacked, such as air conditioning and power steering. We've offered the GB to my sister, Rebecca, who is currently car-less. I'm hoping she'll take it and keep the car in the family. That will lessen my sadness somewhat. The Acura is just a 4 cylinder, but it's got a heckuva lot more pep than we're used to, and we are mildly concerned that speeding tickets might be in our 2008 forecast.

2 comments:

Kaley Ehret said...

Sweeeet ride, Karen! Now for the dilemma of naming it...hard to top Green Bean, eh?

Oh and if your sister isn't interested, I know someone else who might be!

Anonymous said...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
The Green Bean was suppose to stay in the family until it got replaced by something that grows in your uterus, or in someone else’s uterus and then get’s to your family via adoption – I like both equally well. I am hurt for the GB. I truly feel that the GB is not going to understand why you are replacing it. You guys should get that thing bronzed. They do baby shoes, why not a car. It's small.