Sunday, July 3, 2011

stateside

I felt I should explain the recent lack of posts, but then I logged on and saw my husband has been busy riding combis and blogging while he and I are living on separate sides of the equator. Well, I'll explain my lack of posting anyway.

In mid-June, David and I flew to Chicago for my brother John's wedding to my now-sister-in-law, Kirsten.

The Langleys
My favorite boys in the world ... all in one place at the same time!
I can't get over how green and lush everything is here.
I guess that's the trade-off for enduring lots of rain.

While in the Chicago area, we had a chance to meet up with Michelle, Tom and Nori, who were en route to California for Tom's travel nursing position.

SO MUCH FUN. I just love these guys.
After a whirlwind wedding weekend, we both flew out of O'Hare -- David back to Peru, and me to Binghamton. It was such a treat to spend some time with some of the people I love most in the world while I was in town.

Anna and her kids picked me up at the airport and we went to Apple Hills for lunch. (We ate first, then the goat got to eat.)
I loved seeing Mom and Dad Martin's new chickens (aka "The Girls") and collecting
FRESH EGGS from the nests.
After a packed couple days, I left Binghamton and drove to Ocean City, where I joined my family for our annual vacation at the Jersey shore. We had perfect weather and a marvelous time together. More pics from that trip are on my facebook page.


Now I'm back in the Chicago area with my family (after surviving a 15-hour drive cross country). I'll be here until July 15, enjoying time with loved ones, meeting my sister's baby (if he/she cooperates and arrives in time), and missing my husband terribly. I'll pick up blogging again when I get back to Peru, and I'm sure David will keep our faithful readers entertained in the meantime.

No comments: