Friday, November 13, 2009

big news!

By looking at the photo below, see if you can guess what news we are telling David's family...






Need a hint...?

Is it:

A. We're expecting a baby.

B. David is learning a new chiropractic technique that involves adjusting a person from the front.

C. Karen took her first voice lesson this week.

Scroll down for the answer...









If you picked answer C, you got it! I was demonstrating one of the many awkward moments from my voice lesson, during which the instructor placed one of my hands on her bosom and one on her belly so I could feel the difference between
improper chest breathing and proper gut breathing. She then got distracted and started talking about something else, but kept my hands there all the while.

This was probably the 2nd most awkward part of the lesson. The most awkward was right at the beginning when she told me to stand in front of her and sing something.

Sing something?
Just like that?? With you looking right at me???!

The 3rd most awkward moment was when we lay flat on our backs on the floor next to each other, once again to illustrate proper breathing.

By now you may be wondering why I'm taking voice lessons. After that incredibly awkward 30 minutes, I was wondering the same thing. But that's a story for another time. This post is long enough already.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dang it Karen! You got me excited for nothing! You crack me up! Good luck with those voice lessons...you'll do awesome! :)

Anonymous said...

you are evil. funny. but definitely evil.

tonya said...

i don't even know what to say.
but i do like that picture =)

Tammy said...

Really?! Then I thought, how did I miss this one.

I loved to come to your first performance.