Everything about the marathon day was great ... except for us.
The weather was cold, but with a beautiful blue sky and bright sunshine. It was a great course through the city and along the water. Tons of people. Energy. Music. Friends there to support us. Alas, my leg didn't heal in time (in spite of me rubbing it, icing it, stretching it, yelling at it and pleading with it). And poor David was, and still is, sick as a dog. I stopped at mile 5 and David quit at the halfway point.
We tried to make the best of it. First, we still gorged ourselves on Philly cheesesteaks as if we had actually finished the marathon. Then we went back to our hotel room and looked up marathons in January and February. We will overcome!!!!






3 comments:
Congratulations to you both! David knows I am experienced at not excelling at sports, so I am proud of you for just getting out there!
Congrats you guys. Your faces say it all.
you guys are still winners in my book. =) i'm not kidding about that.
Post a Comment