the long road home
A friend asked me tonight how I'm liking our little house in the woods. Normally I'd have answered right away that I love it! However, in light of this week's two harrowing journeys home, I had to stop and think. Tuesday evening, after a day of wet sleet, snow and ice, I could not make it up our road. I tried four times -- twice forward and twice backward. I made it a bit further backing up, but not far enough. So I ended up waiting for 40 minutes at the bottom of the road til David got home and towed me up with his truck. Okay, so that wasn't too bad. I was in good spirits and didn't mind a little adventure. But then when it took me an agonizing 10 minutes to make it up the road on Wednesday night ... well, let's just say my spirits weren't so good. But back to my friend's question -- how do I like our little house in the woods? Well, I made it up the road tonight with no problem, so I'm feeling pretty good about life. Of course, I drove the truck today. So maybe the more important question is -- how do I like our new sporty, peppy, sucks-in-the-snow Acura? Hmm. I'll answer that in the Spring.
1 comment:
you make me laugh.
Post a Comment